Civil Naming Ceremonies at the Half Moon Hotel
Many families and friends wish to celebrate the birth of a baby with a special ceremony. Ceremonies can also be arranged to welcome adoptive children and step-children into a new family. A uniquely designed Naming Ceremony is one way to meet this wish.
Naming Ceremonies offer a dignified and formal chance to:
- Welcome the child into the family and wider community.
- Announce the child’s names and maybe give the reasons for the choice.
- Make promises to nurture and support the child into adult life.
Invite selected adults to promise to support the parents and child.
- Reflect on the wonder of birth.
- Recognise that children are society's hope for the future.
A Naming Ceremony can be arranged by any parent:
- whether married or not;
- with or without any spiritual or religious beliefs;
- from any cultural background.
Your Unique Ceremony
Specially written ceremonies are available with choices to give special meaning to your Naming Ceremony.
- choose the promises you make to the child;
- choose the promises you make to your partner;
- invite other adults to make promises to the child;
- include grandparents in the ceremony;
- refer to absent family and friends;choose frm a selection of poems and readings;
- give your child a gift to mark the occasion.
A souvenir record of the ceremony will be signed and presented during the event.